The Priory is just a short distance from the A697 Wooler road and on the way to Rothbury.
Built in the reign of Henry 1st and before 1135 ad this is a beautiful and secluded priory.
and with the hall in the back ground
and the Ill Bell which legend has was rung to celebrate the fact that dissolution of the monasteries had passed
it by. Unfortunately the ringing of the bell brought the church commissioners back and the priory was dissolved, so
The Bell was recently found in the fish pond!
The Google map, below, shows the Priory in an idyllic place beside the Coquet.
View Larger Map